1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Falcons cut Grady Jackson

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He starts on Sunday and is cut on Tuesday.

Is it because of the lawsuit he filed against the team last year that was settled out of court?

2. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Looks like (not-so-surprisingly) that his teammates are a tad miffed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3077313

At first, I thought this is somehow part of a plan by the Falcons front office to distance themselves as much as they can from Michael Vick. But that hinges on there being a friendship between Vick & Jackson, who wasn't having a bad season at all.

The more I think about it, the Falcons are probably in the midst of one of the worst years ever by any professional sports franchise. The whole Vick catastrophe was just the start. The team stinks, every quarterback turns into a train wreck and the clubhouse is in absolute chaos. The coach has lost the team and the young players he's keeping are learning the wrong things from the veterans that are still left. Can anyone think of a similar situation where a team's season was sunk even before the pre-season?

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

The Va Tech contingent in Atlanta are bad people.

Vick
    Hall
    Jimmy Williams

Cancers.

4. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

Petrino's tenure is going to be a short one methinks.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Blank should dump Petrino. No free agent is going to sign with Atlanta the way he is treating players and you can't win a Super Bowl through the draft anymore. He should go back to Louisville. The Falcons are a team that has quit - I'm pretty sure getting rid of Grady was a message to the other players, but in the end it just looks bush and undermines the coach's credibility.

6. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

Harrington was actually playing well, I believe his QB rating was fourth in the NFC after three games. The last thing a headcase like him needs is to yanked after playing well. Made zero sense.

7. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

[​IMG]

"Wha, wha wha??"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Louisville probably wouldn't take him back.

Wait, check that. Yeah they would. Anything would be an upgrade over Krag to them.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Kragthorpe has that program headed in the wrong direction.

Booby took no crap, except from himself. Only miscues allowed in the program were his misfires on job searches.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'll bet he's back in college very soon...

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

He can be the next failed NFL turned Nebraska coach by next year I bet.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I think the Patriots and Colts would disagree.

Draft saved Draft deleted