1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Faith Hill. 41. OMFG.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

She's a very attractive woman but come on, people, do you know how much magic dust is applied to those cover photos before they're printed?

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

http://www.iwanexstudio.com/

Click on portfolio, then on each thumbnail. move your mouse over each photo and see the photoshopping. Nobody on a magazine cover looks remotely like that. Hell, they fucking put Andy Roddick's head on some bulky guy's body last year.

3. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

SG,

That's amazing. And not one of those women looked bad before the retouching. Bad, hell, they were all beautiful.

Uneccessary.

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Yes. A thousand times yes.

I don't understand most of the facial cosmetic surgery I see going on. To me, plastic anything looks worse than almost everything real. Helen Hunt used to have the most amazing, one-of-a-kind pair of eyes I'd ever seen, and a few years ago she clearly had some work done on them, and now she doesn't look the same. She would look great as a getting-older version of her former self, but she looks less great as a tweaked and tucked version. I'll never understand why that kind of thing happens. As unnecessary as what Dirk alluded to in his post.

And yet, I guess on some level, I do.

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Faith Hill = temperatureofthesunhot

JD, I agree. I still shudder at the vision of Meg Ryan's lips. But the reality of the entertainment industry is that when women get older, or start looking older, they start having difficulty finding work. So they do what they feel they have to in many cases. Sad and unfair, but that's the way it is.

As for the photoshopping, if they don't look good enough for your cover, damn, just don't put them on the cover.

6. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Let me guess... didn't read the rest of the thread?

7. Gold

Gold Active Member

This looks like one of those "Find the difference in these pictures" they have in puzzles for kids

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Mary-Louise Parker, age 43. NSFW.

http://cdn.chickipedia.com/www/images/0/02/Mary-louise-parker-nude_953.jpg

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I don't mind when they photoshop out dark circles under someone's eye or a zit or something else that isn't there normally. But when they turn somebody who's a size 6 into a size 0, or make Madonna look like she's got the wrinkles of a 20-year-old (i.e. none), I have issues.

10. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I e-mailed this to my wife, who wrote back "Not my Jonathan Rhys-Davies!!"

Not only do I not know who this guy is, but I had no idea he was "hers."

11. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Lies(l) just orgasmed and doesn't know why.

Draft saved Draft deleted