1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fair Trade Coffee?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Nov 3, 2006.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Flash
    Park your car. Walk in.

You'll be out before the third guy in line gets his coffee

2. Flash

Flash Guest

ROFLMAO!! I did that the other day when I was craving a half-coffee, half French vanilla capuccino! Kicked ass all over that damn drive-thru!

Seriously, I pass by three Timmy's on the morning commute and they're more backed up than an 85-year-old who's run out of prune juice.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, some of us do. I'll hang out in any coffeehouse, including a Starbucks.
    And I just had a Cuban coffee that was very fucking good, fair trade or shade grown or shit sifted or whatever.

I've been called a granola-crunching, birkenstock wearing, coffee sipping hippie asshole before. Nicest thing anyone's ever said to me.
    I still don't know jack about fair trade. I just drink it.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

Moddy said fuck.

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Not to threadjack or anything, but does birkenstock make bowling shoes?

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Hippies don't bowl. Having your name on your shirt is too much like wearing a uniform.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Cue the scene from Lethal Weapon 2 ...

Leo Getz: They FUCK you at the drive-thru, okay? They FUCK you at the drive-thru! They know you're gonna be miles away before you find out you got fucked! They know you're not gonna turn around and go back, they don't care. So who gets fucked? Ol' Leo Getz! Okay, sure! I don't give a fuck! I'm not eating this tuna, okay?

:D

8. Flash

Flash Guest

Don't get me started about the night I went for a Big Mac combo and got home with a Filet-O-Fish!!!

9. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You should be grateful they're looking out for your health.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

12. Flash

Flash Guest

But the FOF (ahem, the Filet-O-Flash was served later ;) ) is the grossest thing on the menu.

Draft saved Draft deleted