1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fail, in the form of a 21-story screw up that will alter Vegas skyline forever..

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Feb 11, 2009.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

First the Mandarin in Beijing, now the Harmon in Vegas...it's been a bad week for skyscrapers!

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/feb/08/adaptation-or-disaster/

2. I misread the title and thought the Las Vegas Sun had somehow perpetuated a 21-newstory fraud.

3. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I was there last week and the two squarish ones freaked me out. They are tilted, like the Leaning Tower of Pisa. One behind the other, one tilted left, the other tilted right. Looks like a mistake.

4. interesting stuff, but that story should get more into the screwup itself -- who did it? how early in the construction or design process did they screw up and why wasn't it caught? were they canned? what would it have taken to fix the screwup and why couldn't they do that? how unusual a screwup was it and could somebody have taken one look at the damn thing and noticed that something was askew? why wasn't there any oversight that would have avoided this situation?

5. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Re: Fail, in the form of a 21-story screw up that will alter Vegas skyline forev

What the hell is bleep?

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Chicken dinner.
    A whole lotta blowing smoke up our collective anterior openings about how beautiful it was supposed to be, how innovative the City Center is -- shit that could've been taken right off Harmon's press releases, I suspect.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

They haven't hired Jayson Blair unless he's in the witness protection program.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Thirded. And there's got to be a lawsuit involved with this somewhere.

9. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I guess heaven needed the top 21 stories of building.

Does that even work?

Draft saved Draft deleted