1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

fail, fail, fail - blogs in print

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by txsportsscribe, Jan 24, 2009.

1. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

did ya miss this part, headline?

2. Headline act

Headline act New Member

Scribe,

I guess your point is that these bloggers won't get paid since their not on staff?

Like I said, I don't know the business model but I imagine the blogs that sign up to be reprinted will get some sort of money -- whether it's through added ad revenue from getting additional exposure or a flat rate for driving traffic.

To me this is an evolution of our industry. It's another avenue to pursue for quality journalists who have been told their skills and knowledge are no longer needed. Many who have been bought out or laid off start their own blogs anyway. Now those voices can be amplified -- and even rediscovered by the newspapers that stopped paying them in the first place.

3. Headline act

Headline act New Member

ugh, they're ... for the nitpickers and non-grammatically challenged

4. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

just where are the quality journalists included in this?

[quote author=topic=66144.msg2291452#msg2291452 date=1232927641]
    “We are trying to be the first daily newspaper comprised entirely of blogs and other user-generated content,” he said.

So far, 300 bloggers have given The Printed Blog permission to publish their work for a share of the ad revenue, including small-audience bloggers in Chicago and nationally known blogs like Daily Kos.

[/quote]

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

I'd say that was a good catch of your own mistake, but you completely missed this one.....

Signed, a nitpicker.

Draft saved Draft deleted