1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Faculty strike in Pa.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JohnHammond, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I don't know. Haven't been to them, but Shipp is awfully small to have a college of that size. I'm only gently teasing. It's a lovely little town.

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Millersville says hi.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

What about everyone's favorite, Slippery Rock?

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

If you go down the 18-school PSAC roster, the only schools in a setting that could be termed urban are Gannon and Mercyhurst in Erie, and Pitt-Johnstown. And "urban" is a stretch for those cities.

Most of the rest are small-town venues, although Millersville is just a few miles out of Lancaster and West Chester and Cheyney are within hailing distance of Philly.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

When I was a doctoral student I and a couple of others routinely taught this capstone class having to do with business strategy. I'd love to have heard a parent complaining about their little snowflake being taught by one of those GTAs ... he was a former CEO/CotB of a Fortune 500 company.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I attended Cal PA.
    We had a cool music scene at the time.
    Other activities included drinking to excess, recreational drugs, hanging out by the Mon, drunk swimming in the Mon and hopping trains.

cjericho likes this.
  7. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

How many parents were successful in their quest for tuition refunds? Enough to pay for a new flatscreen for weekday dad?

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

You made your point. Back into your troll hole.

9. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

I've read a few Facebook comments on the various PASSHE school pages from parents asking for refunds. The schools are still telling students to show up despite not having plans to use replacement instructors. Anyone know how long PASSHE has before the feds ask for a return of student financial aid funds?

Draft saved Draft deleted