1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Facial Hair

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Italian_Stallion, Dec 10, 2007.

1. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

I'll try to break it down for you:

Suit and tie shows you take the interview seriously.

Again, can't believe that's even a debate. Wear a suit. Period.

Interview is your first impression. It's like your first date.

Not saying you're going to get the job because of it. Or that you're not going to get the job if you don't wear it.

You got a job with a nifty earing in your ear and your shirt unbuttoned and your chest hair blowing in the wind? Great. But I don't think recommending everyone do it is the best advice.

As far as deadline goes, it feels good filing a great story on deadline, but it feels even better when you're the best looking person in the room.

You shoiuld try it.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Nope. Not me. I'm not afraid of losing my hearing at all.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you broke from your own logic, which kinda makes you a dumbass. but thanks for the illogical conversation.

remind me to not give you as much credit as i give the rest of the board next time i reply to one of your posts.

4. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

I don't even understand what you're saying anymore.

But the earing looks cute.

5. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

...so back on topic, any news on this one yet?

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There was a topic?

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I don't think most people care if you have a goatee or not. If you look like you haven't shaved in three or four days, I'll pick up on that big time.

Personally, I will notice it much more if you don't come in at least wearing a shirt and tie with dress slacks than I would notice goatee vs. no goatee.

If you come in without dressing appropriately, you had better be the best damn applicant I've ever seen on the other side of the table.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and somehow that doesn't shock me. i'll be sure to type at a second-grade level next time, just for you.

9. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

I knew there was a reason I liked you.

Draft saved Draft deleted