1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Facebook v. Myspace

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Aug 29, 2007.

?

Which one do you prefer?

1. Facebook

30 vote(s)
    49.2%
  2. Myspace

13 vote(s)
    21.3%
  3. both

7 vote(s)
    11.5%
  4. neither

6 vote(s)
    9.8%
  5. I only visit SJ.com

5 vote(s)
    8.2%
  1. Flash

Flash Guest

Nexopia has been around for as long as Myspace.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Sweet. A chance to score some pussy.

3. dargan

dargan Active Member

Facebook owns MySpace. Half the time you can't get anywhere on MySpace because of site maintenance and crap like that. Facebook rarely has problems like that. Facebook, hands down.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I don't use either site to social network. I use MySpace to discover some good new music, so my vote goes to MySpace.

5. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

I've never used myspace, but that's because I figure I waste enough time on facebook and spend a lot of time here. Facebook seems simpler. You get the info you want easier and without music and wallpapers. The new applications on facebook allow you to do myspace type stuff ( i think) with adding favorites and other stuff. I'm not a huge fan of allowing HS kids to join it, but what can ya do?

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

You have Facebook and you haven't added me? :'(

:D

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Look me up and add me, dammit!

8. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Yeah, ya pussy. Christ ... I just got done reading CR's tale, after which I've decided he needs to cut off his sack ... now I see this.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Um, maybe I'm just way behind the times, but don't you have to have a college e-mail address to be on Facebook?

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Not anymore. It changed recently.

11. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I think to join a schools network you have to have a school address, but like SC said, it changed recently. Any address will get you signed up, and there are lots of networks to choose from that don't require a specific e-mail.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Which is why it now sucks to high heaven. It was much better when it was a college kid thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted