1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Facebook to launch vanity URLs on Saturday

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Diabeetus, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Makes sense, but I don't know of any way to currently do that.

2. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

They let me use Madhavok !

3. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I got Lieslntx! Not that I was really worried about not getting it. Like there are tons of people with my name running around Texas. (There is that one local sports person near Dallas, but I'm older than her so I win rights to the name by default. :D )

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Diabeetus --

That burns my ass worse than the rankings or that one guy who posts hourly updates, the latest that he's thinking about watching a movie.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

I am scratching my ass right now and trying to decide if I'm going to watch Airplane!

6. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

OK, I think someone may be on your task...there's an option to show or hide feedback on statuses now!

EDIT: It looks like it's in the process of being phased. It's only on some of my friends' pages. But the default view is with the feedback hidden. You're in luck, LBJ.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

How?

I'm OK with the ignorance/intolerance of people I've been around for umpteen years. I know them and what they serve. I'm not cool with idiots I don't know from Adam spouting off about bullshit. If I want that take, I'll ride the politics board here, happily, or countless other places on the web.

8. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

It looks like an automatic thing...give it a little time and it should be the norm.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Got mine to match my gmail account.

Gotta set up the one for work on Monday. Hope no jackass took it already.

Draft saved Draft deleted