1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Facebook issues

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, May 5, 2009.

1. dargan

dargan Active Member

Every once in a long while I'll see this when I try to log in to FB.

But it happened constantly with MySpace, which is one of the myriad reasons I ditched that festering turd of a site.

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

If you could even get on there, which you can't. I win!

3. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

They're not changing anyone's password. They're converting it to a new system. They locked me out three weeks ago... my wife about two weeks ago.
    I was told that if you don't experience a lockout of at least a few minutes, consider yourself lucky. It's really not a big deal. You should be back up shortly.

4. Sir Sid

Sir Sid Member

Facebook has been a pain for me as well lately.
    Something on there and the 1000's of apps that all my "friends" bog down their pages with have somehow caused a script error about 1 of every 5 times.

5. MU_was_not_so_hard

I did a system restore on my computer a couple weeks back, and one of the apps on Facebook crashed my IE. I switched back over to Firefox and it was fine, but I imagine I wasn't the only one with some of those issues.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Oh, yeah, I get script errors like 25 times a day. I had no idea what it meant. I just keep hitting "continue."

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I couldn't use facebook chat earlier.
    And then I quit and tried to log back in to fix it and I got the same error message you got.
    *shrug*
    I was forced to call to call the person I was trying to chat with. How dare facebook make me use antiquated 20th century technology for my personal communication!
    Stupid facebook!

8. imjustagirl

This blows. It's been 4 1/2 hours.

9. MU_was_not_so_hard

The "dead" hours on FB are after 3 a.m. (EST). Be patient. I'll put a shiny nickle on it being good to go by the morning.

10. Just signed on mine. 8)

11. imjustagirl

2. Defriend foaf.

12. jps

jps Active Member

I just poked ijag on fb.

Draft saved Draft deleted