1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Facebook is getting heated

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 3, 2016.

1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I find if I keep my expectations very low, the site finds ways to surprise me.
    Kind of like YouTube comments sections, where you could have a video of two kittens playing and before you know it two guys are telling each other to fuk themselves.

Vombatus likes this.
  2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Lot of anti- and pro-Hillary heat.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That's why I stick to Snapchat.

4. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

What's funny are the pro-Bernie posts from college classmates whose skill in life seems to be working retail. To be fair, these classmates never finished their degrees, so they're getting the careers they deserve.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Hey now!

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I don't get a ton of politics in my feed.

A few grade school classmates post pro-police stuff. Get a few anti-Hillary things. My oldest brother and his wife post some liberal stuff. And, one former high school teammate has gone full Ron Paul libertarian, with a healthy dose of pro-Palestine/anti-Israel stuff.

But, most stay away from it.

Haven't seen any Democrat Party divide stuff at all.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Dick has a bet on Ted Cruz, which means he has more skin in the game than just about any of the rest of us who are voting.

8. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

To be fair, none of them have the drive to do anything else besides working retail/fast food.

9. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Inky_Wretch and franticscribe like this.
  10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

To be fair, I've been known to tweak Hillary lovers and Trump haters, on occasion. Ms. Dunham makes the occasional appearance on my feed.

11. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

This is just gold. Pure gold.

12. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I try to avoid Facebook arguments because I hate to lose friends of 20+ years. But there's some shit that people post that I can't help but respond to. It's like I feel an obligation.

Haven't noticed a particular uptick in the last 48 hours though.

Draft saved Draft deleted