1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Facebook hits the big screen

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Suicide Squeezer, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

I don't know how I didn't hear a single thing about this movie until I went to see "Inception" last week and saw the trailer for it, but "The Social Network" looks like it will be pretty damn good and the more I read about it online, the more I want to see it.

David Fincher directed it, Kevin Spacey and Scott Rudin are both producers, and it has a great cast. The Zuckerberg Saga and the rise of The Facebook is an excellent idea for a film, and - much like how I curse myself daily for not inventing something as simple as Facebook every single time I log on - I wish I wrote it, or the book (The Accidental Millionaires), which Ben Mezrich beat everyone to. The concept for the movie reminds me a bit of the made-for-TV flick "Pirates of Silicon Valley" about the rise of the personal computer, Apple and Microsoft, and rightfully so, I suppose. "Pirates" was good for what the limited budget I imagine TNT was working with was, but I always felt it could've been a lot better had it been produced as a normal feature.

I'm also interested in seeing - contingent on if this movie actually ends up being as good as I've been building it up in my head, of course - if a movie like this will end up receiving any Oscar nominations. My guess is no, even now with the 4,567 nominations they hand out for Best Picture, but we'll see.

Anyway, here's the trailer for those who haven't seen it:

2. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

And wait until that trailer puts Scala over big-time. (Cool tune, but none is a Sarah Neufeld, however.)
    A former boss who got divorced and started hitting Match.com found that every guy she checked out over 50 is into Celtic Woman. You'll start seeing dudes under 50 put Scala on their profiles.

Draft saved Draft deleted