1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Facebook help

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by farmerjerome, Aug 12, 2010.

1. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Guys, I've got myself into a pickle and I need some tech help.

I know there is a way to make my facebook unsearchable and unviewable but I can't figure it out. It's either that or I have to delete it. It's either that or I have to delete my profile, which may seem very high school, but I have a lot of photos on there that I don't want to lose.

2. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Privacy Settings ---> Applications and Web Sites -----> Public Search ---> Edit Settings

That should work.
  3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

If there's certain things on your page you just don't want some people to see...

At the top right, under account, go to privacy settings.

Click on "custom" then "customize settings."

Under there, you can set it however you want, and under "customize" on each of those drop downs you can set it so only you see it, or you can block any specific people you don't want to see it.
  4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

It's always good to defriend a friend and test what they can see. I do that before interviews because I am paranoid.
  5. farmerjerome

I just deactivated. Maybe going facebook-free for awhile will be refreshing new experience. Perhaps I'll do something new and interesting with my life.

Or just be on SportsJournalists.com waaaaaaaay more. ;D
  6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Or you could, you know, use MySpace.

No one is on Myspace anymore. Well, except child molesters.
  7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

What's your myspace profile addy, schieza?
  8. Madhavok

Madhavok Active Member

Kick-Ass uses Myspace.
  9. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I was just waiting to see who would knock that one out of the park. I set it up on a tee. :)
  10. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Did this about a year ago and didn't miss it as much as I thought. I was on way too much and then did plenty of other things (started running more) with the extra time. I would suggest it to anyone, even for a month.
  11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

But I liked your facebook page...
  12. farmerjerome

So did I -- I was just as nuts on it as I am in real life. And I'm going through withdrawl [/teeth chattering, huddled under a blanket].

I'm going to a wildlife refuge today to beef up my portfolio, and I can't put them up on facebook. Who will see my pictures now? [/taking tranquilizer]

The stupid thing is, after I deactivated my account if you search for me it just shows up that I only share my info with certain people. So I might as well not even deactivated it. I just can't wait until fantasy football season to get here. Wasting time on the intrawebs is awesome.
Draft saved Draft deleted