1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Facebook Has Moved Me to a New State

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lugnuts, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I try to use and abuse Facebook to keep in touch with folks without giving up much info. It's been a great resource lately. I've needed to get back in touch with former colleagues to get information I need. But I don't upload for shit. I don't "share" as they like to call it, and I don't "like" shit, either, k?

So I find it interesting that I log in today and glance at my profile where it lists 'Current City.' Facebook, on its own, has changed the state where I live.

Does it know something I don't?

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I was going to say maybe you should ask Facebook....but it already knows you're going to ask.

*haunted music*

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I hope you're not challenging Time's Person of the Year.

He just knows about your move before you do. :D

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If it's on the internet, it must be true

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

http://bit.ly/hmZgsd

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Could your account have been hacked?

Friend had his hacked and it was posting weird messages with virus attachment links.

7. Lugnuts

Could have been, I suppose. Nothing else seems amiss. The town where I live remains the same... only the state has changed. I'm almost positive the state was correct last week when I logged in.

The only change is literally the two letters indicating the state abbreviation.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

No, it happened to everyone in my city as well. It changed the state from xxxxxburg, VA to xxxxxburg, OH. No idea why. Once I changed to the new profile, it was all good.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Ab Fab

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I recently had my Yahoo hacked - my Contacts got an e-mail that I was stuck in London & needed money & a place to send it. It also wiped out my account (inbox, sent mail & contacts) & was a general pain in the neck. I changed my password (twice, as a day later I got an e-mail that a Howie Marlin, someone I've never heard of, was added to my profile), and had Yahoo recover most of my old e-mail, but not my contacts. Anyone have any advice or experience with these types of things?

11. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

It did that to me too.

12. Lugnuts

Gotcha. Well I think I'll just keep it to what they changed it to. If that's where Facebook wants me to live, then that's where I'll live, dammit.

Draft saved Draft deleted