1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Facebook friends

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 11, 2012.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Why do you think I don't let people who aren't on my Facebook friends list even message me?

The guy is bad news. Period.

2. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Yep. You did the right thing, Evil, by telling her.

If this guy is telling her he loves her after "knowing" her 3 days, then she finds out he's a registered sex offender and still doesn't have any issues with putting herself and her kids in danger ... she deserves what she gets, even if that means having her body dumped in a ditch somewhere.

I'd be more curious what the father of her kids thinks about those children being in harm's way.

3. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

I think you were right to tell her. The ball is in her park now.

His response was typical, though I'm impressed based on your description that he can at least capitalize the first words of sentences and through in a period every once in a while. He's one step above anonymous comment form posters.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

^ This.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

And, Evil, you might want to keep your head up for the next little while. From the way you describe him, bipolar or not, he could very well target you for some payback.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

double J makes a helluva point. i got into a political pissing match with a guy on another cat's wall once, and the dude sent a guy into my place of work to threaten me. shit ended up getting real nasty. keep your head up, evil.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

That said, sex offenders are notorious for being cowardly little shits when confronted.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

You did the right thing all around Evil.

I've been saying it since I first got online 20 years ago on the old GEnie service: Be more careful about online friendships than offline. Yes, I you may have gone to the same high school I did. Two dozen of my friends may have friended you too. But if I don't remember who you are, I'm taking a pass.

9. I try to do that, but being in the media, I accept almost all friend requestd because you never know when the friend of a friend will lead to something.
    I use Facebook as a tool for my reporting.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Redenbacher!! > PSU Athletic Department

11. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Now that made me laugh!

12. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

You should respond and ask what about your nose in particular is a "bitch ass." Find out if other parts of your body could also be considered "bitch ass." Offer to send pictures to him for comparison's sake.

Draft saved Draft deleted