1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Facebook friends

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 11, 2012.

1. K ...
    I was recently friended by a woman I do not know. We went to the same high school, but I have NO idea who she is.
    This morning I notice this woman - again, who I have had NO contact with - is now in a relationship with someone I do know; a childhood neighbor.
    The dude is a registered sex offender. He's on the national registry.
    On top of that, the cops have been to his trailer - behind his grandparents, house (the guys is at least 45) - on several occasions for domestic disputes. One time he barricaded himself in his house and threatened to blow it up. Another time he threatened to kill his grandparents. I am pretty sure he's bi-polar.
    He used to shot neighbors cats and dogs for sport. He'd kill them and leave them lay where they dropped.

Anyway.. he's bad fucking news.
    Should I tell this woman, who BTW has kids?

I thought of messaging her or messaging one of her friends ... Thoughts?

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

In the interest of safety, send her a message. What can it hurt? You don't know her, so what's it going to hurt? It's not like you'd be ruining a friendship.

3. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

If -- God forbid -- something bad did happen, would you feel guilty for not trying to warn her?

4. Yes.
    My initial reaction was to send her a message. I typed it out this morning and hit send and stopped.
    I also thought about messaging another friend of hers, and maybe some mutual friends ...

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

That was my thought -- if you have any mutual friends on Facebook who know her well, it might be better coming from them.

6. I messaged her directly.
    She's known the guy three days and had no clue.
    Said he was already telling her he loved her.

7. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Is she hot?

8. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

She has known this guy for three days and she is in a relationship with him?

Warning light begins to flash...

9. No. Not even a six on the SportsJournalists.com scale.

10. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Well, six is the highest possible score on the SportsJournalists.com scale.

11. My good deed of the day .... This is what I get .. .
    The woman told her boyfriend what she learned and where it came from.
    A got a Facebook message from him a few minutes ago ..

I go to unfriend her and she has already unFriended me ... Her last post (an hour ago) "I miss you Roger!"

No skin off my nose, 'cause I never knew her, but God Damn ...

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

At least he wished you a nice day. Seems like a pretty good guy. Except for the whole sex offender thing. And calling your nose a bitch ass.

Draft saved Draft deleted