1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Facebook facepalms

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

My next wife is going to be a Wal-Mart Queen. You don't recommend?

2. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

I've learned not to de-friend people, but simply block the updates if they annoy me. Unfortunately, I don't have any friends whose lives are trainwrecks. So FB for me is fairly boring. I need more screwed up friends to entertain me.

Oh, and my posts are intentionally stupid.

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I like reading the Facebook walls for Comcast and DirecTV. It's funny to read what people are so angry about regarding TV service.

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I think you'll be much happier with Ryan Gosling [/crossthread] :D

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It all starts with parents waiting in line all night get the kidlets into the "right" preschool, lest they not get into Harvard or Yale ...

6. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

I've learned through Facebook I have way too many "friends" who are teachers. Nine months of how crazy their kids drive them and begging for a snow days followed by three months of how much they miss their kids.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I can't think of anything less courteous on the thing than the guy who rants about politics every day. Every freaking day. The equivalent of ripping a fart at the table.

I'd rather see a picture of what you're having for dinner or hear about the traffic jam you're in.

8. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

"Exploring ♥ like always"

Cool story, Facebook girl.

9. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

I normally love reveling the misery of others (how many times can one person be sick in a month?), but these are the ones that really bother me ...

"nothing like getting a phone call at midnight from your father, who is staying at your ski house, telling you there is a fire in the chimney and the fire department is on their way! WTF!"

But the comment that followed was pretty funny: "you and your white people problems."

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I have a cousin who is bi-bolar and has interesting Facebook posts -- it's Bible verses one day and getting drunk and blowing $500 at Bingo the next.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

bi-bolar?

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Can bowl from either side. Makes it much easier when you've just got the 7 or 10 standing for a spare.

Draft saved Draft deleted