1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Facebook facepalms

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

The latest thing going around Facebook is a copy-and-paste message stating the content they post is private and Facebook doesn't have any rights to it.

My answer to the idiots is just cancel your Internet service because you are too stupid to understand the concept of using a service you don't own.

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

People asking routine questions because they still haven't learned that "Google is your friend."

Also, cat photos. All those stupid fucking cat photos.

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Not a facebook thing, as much as a "Internet" thing that makes me laugh every time.

We have an older guy that works in agate for us...just part-time. When he directs people to e-mail us he says: "Email it to...the word: sports, then that little "at symbol", then put "Podunk Press", a period, then put C-O-M."

Email has been around pretty much 20 years now...I think we can just rattle off "sports@PodunkPress.com" by now. #SMH

4. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

That looks similar to something I saw on peoples' pages a couple years ago. It was strange, then, too. As if some foreign governments would stop looking at a Facebook page because of those words. People amaze me at times.

Draft saved Draft deleted