1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Facebook etiquette for sj.commers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Jun 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

If you add an SportsJournalists.com member, and said person has NO IDEA who you are in real life, perhaps including one of those personal messages would be nice.

It happened to a friend last week, and I just got an invite from someone I do not know. I'm assuming they're SportsJournalists.com mafia, since we have 13 friends in common. But sweet jesus people, I shouldn't have to ask them who you are.

Common decency, or am I ranting over nothing?

2. ralph wiggum

ralph wiggum Member

You're just so popular that even complete strangers want to be your friend.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So does that mean you aren't going to SuperPoke me?

4. Flash

Flash Guest

I have had that happen, too. I generally consult the private group to see who has signed up recently.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

you're ranting over nothing, sweetie.

6. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Just don't make my mistake and have a take-all-comers attitude to your friends list. I'm under a pseudonym now because once the applications were created it flooded my e-mail accout with pointless invitations.

7. imjustagirl

Screw you, Xan!

I'm not in the private group. :(

And wiggum, you're damn lucky you added me after all the compliments we gave you this weekend.

Inky: I don't do any of that stupid poking shit. (enjoy it, quote changers!)

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

i added someone who i don't know, but i was trying to make it so they could get into the sj group.

9. Songbird

maybe in baltimore you'll get your chance to screw me. or poke.

10. imjustagirl

If Xan comes to B'more, I'm making some bet with him that will make him never ever disappear again so there will be no more threads about him coming back ever ever again.

11. Songbird

i'll take that bet.

so i have 7-8 SportsJournalists.commers on my friends list. who here has the most?

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It wasn't me, as I believe I'm the only person in the world not to have Facebook or MySpace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.