1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Facebook diplomacy: Judiciously keeping your mouth shut

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The food fetish, which manifests itself in these photos, among urban 20-somethings could be a long thread unto itself. Posting photos of meals on social media is about the weirdest youth culture development of the 21st century.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

8 - deer grazing outside your window

I took a picture of a deer through the window at work. My library put the picture on our FB site. It got 100 likes and the most page views ever for something on Facebook. Usually we are lucky to get five people liking a post.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Damn, I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. And it's not just food. Drinks too.

The food usually doesn't look good in the pictures either.

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

How have we gone this far without mentioning duckface?

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I enjoy photos of babies, beasts, bacon and breasts.

7. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

I can't stand the posts that go something like this:

JFK>LAX>HKG

Or anything from "I fucking love science." No you don't. You love photography and memes and most of that shit is plagiarized.

And for the love of Christ, why do people feel the need to post workout photos or reports of their run or bike ride? And I know it's a nice cause and all, but if you know a lot of people in the boston area, FB gets unbearable aroung Pan-Mass Challenge time. There. I said it.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Cathay flies JFK>HKG non-stop, and Continental United flies EWR>HKG non-stop.

If you're flying JFK>LAX>HKG, you're a fool, and should not be bragging on facebook.

9. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

I think you get the general idea.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Just fucking with you.

11. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Cathay has beautiful looking planes. Saw one today, very cool color scheme. Distracted me slightly when I was pushing out a 777.

My facebook feed is full of pictures of stuff relating to work. most of my friends are from the four stations I've worked at and they all travel a great deal.

12. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

How many more likes might you have got if a cheesehead was fucking said deer?

Draft saved Draft deleted