1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Facebook diplomacy: Judiciously keeping your mouth shut

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

When it comes to my Tea Part-iest relatives (or anyone else who gets passionately inflamed about some issue), I don't bother pointing this stuff out, because they're not going to believe me, anyway. I only respond with, "uh, you might want to check that" when it's someone I know who clearly doesn't realize something is fake, or is of a reasonable enough mind they'll even consider the fact what they forwarded isn't true.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Anyone surprised I haven't posted on this thread yet?

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

About the one "texas teabagger" relative in particular, I don't even care that the political viewpoints she constantly spews are dramatically to my right. I have plenty of other relatives who are considerably more conservative than I am, and rarely if ever have any of us even mildly irritated each other on FB. 99 % of the time we all get along fine.

It's just the relentless flow of idiotic gullible bullshit -- basically she'll swallow and regurgitate anything as long as it fits in with the loony tinfoil-hat Texas Teabagger mindset. (The Texas teabagger mindset, I am finding out, reaches heights and depths of lunacy beyond most of the other teabaggers.)

Basically, it reflects badly on the whole family in an intellectual sense.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL.

Draft saved Draft deleted