1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Facebook diplomacy: Judiciously keeping your mouth shut

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

OK, my sister made a post on Facebook.

Seems she had her shoulder-length hair cut short. REAL short. A page-boy bob (and a close-cropped one at that). She cut off more than a foot of hair and I guess donated it to a charity wig auction. Her hair is now shorter than mine (and I got a haircut 10 days ago).

She is heavier, like me, and within a few years of my age.

I tend to keep my own hair a bit longer, not quite hippie-hair from the 1970s any more, but at least a little longer, because IMO it makes my face look a little less round.

Well anyway, after she made the FB post, the mother-in-law of another of our sisters (which I guess makes her our aunt-in-law), who is quite roly-poly herself, 15 years older than us, and sports a virtual (all-gray) buzz cut, launches into an effusive post, "it looks great, it makes you look 20 years younger, if I were you I would keep it that short from now on," etc etc.

"Uhmm, well, no, sorry, it doesn't, it makes you look older, it makes whatever gray hair you have stick out like it is plugged into a light socket, it makes your head look like a cue ball and accentuates your round face...." I was thinking of making a post something like that.

But for once in my life better judgment prevailed. They're all grownups; if they think it looks great, that's up to them.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Starman auditioning for a Bravo show. Who knew?

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Spinoff to Catfish -- Starfish

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Who are you and what have you done with Starman?

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Just post about fetid buckets of malodorous swill.

6. Starman

I don't want to get into my aunt-in-law's cooking.

7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

We've gone almost a week without THIS?:

"RickStain would."

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Pics or GTFO.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Congrats on not being an asshole to your sister. Have a cookie!

[​IMG]

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I feel you, dude. My sis just got a short cut that I'm not wild about, but hey... if she likes it, fine. Am finding it hard, though, to hold my tongue about the friggin ORANGE dye job. She told a ginger friend on the phone "Now I'm a redhead, too."

Took everything I had to present her with an orange crayon and a mirror.

11. Starman

Are you my long-lost brother? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yesterday's update was she had decided to dye it cinnamon red.

Uhmm, OK. Keeping my mouth (and my Facebook comments) quiet has worked so far. I think I'll stick with that.

12. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Your sister doesn't know anything about SportsJournalists.com then I take it? Cause that could get awkward! :)

Draft saved Draft deleted