1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Facebook and MySpace comes back to haunt you

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Because stupid, drunk college students can grow up to be president.

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

That was tremendous.

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2007/04/requesting-removal-of-content-from-our.html

I knew a student who was being cyberstalked by a vindictive ex-boyfriend, and I don't think it's quite this uncomplicated.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I'm 43 and have a Facebook page for touching base with friends from high school and college and other places I've worked. It's great for that.

Having said that I'm amazed what people put on their page, dumb-ass drunk or half-naked pics aside: home and cell numbers, pictures of the inside of their house (can be handy for burglars or so I have read).

A kid I know who attended the NHL's fitness combine in May told me plenty of kids were interrogated by NHL teams about pictures of them hammered or pounding back beers on their Facebook or Myspace pages. Not good when you're only 17 or 18, under the drinking age in Canada and well under it in the US.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

There was a time when you prayed that stupid shit you did at college parties didn't get out. Now, it seems as if they don't care it gets out. That's the difference.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Yeah, I untagged and removed many photos, made my profile limited to my friends, took out political affiliations and stuff like that. I have a few pics with a beer in my hand, but no shaming, and no dead raccoons so I think I will be alright.

Draft saved Draft deleted