1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Face-The-Music" Time, Cindy! Even NATIONAL REVIEW Says So!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ben_Hecht, May 22, 2008.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Nothing wrong with being cynical, Doc. But treating her as if she's an appendage of her husband is wrong, and frankly sexist.

2. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

You won't have to wait long.

You've made the accusation that there is something in those tax returns that he doesn't want to have made public -- essentially that McCain has something to hide -- instead of accepting that she is an independent person and the terms of her prenup likely prohibit him from having any ownership stake in her holdings.

3. PopeDirkBenedict

In the Good Doc's world, sexism is the defense of Obama is no vice.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Back the logical-leap truck up. Marriages are partnerships. You share the good, and the bad. That was my point.

And, Pope. I did no such thing. I don't know that anything's there. And I won't know until she releases the info. But given the recent revelation that she was profiting off holdings in an embattled nation, it leads me to believe there's more there.

EDIT: If your last post is where you're going to take this, we're done. And you can kindly get fucked.

5. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Well first off, just accusing him of not being transparent is without merit, and an accusation of wrongdoing.

"If there wasn't anything there, he'd release it. Simple as that."
    I'm guessing you are saying the guy is hiding something by this quote I took from your post?

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Again Doc, saying HE should release HER tax returns implies that he controls her and that she's his appendage.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

That's not how I intended it. Apologies. You, I'll take the criticism from. Not Pope, to whom the possibility hadn't even occurred until you mentioned it..

8. PopeDirkBenedict

Well, I'm still waiting for the Good Doc to explain what McCain has to be transparent about in regards to property that he has no ownership interest in.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Keep waiting. After your last post, we're done.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I'll be happy to step in, here.

Without Cindy (especially her copious loot), McCain isn't in the position he's in, today.

He's utterly beholden to her.

Given that, the public deserves more than it's received, thus far.

Play on.

11. PopeDirkBenedict

Please show me where McCain used her "copious loot" to finance his campaigns.

12. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I'd like to hear the answer Doc. I know we disagree, but at least we keep it somewhat civil.

Draft saved Draft deleted