1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Face-The-Music" Time, Cindy! Even NATIONAL REVIEW Says So!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ben_Hecht, May 22, 2008.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

From 6/2 NR:

"Our candidates live in fishbowls. So do their families, and this applies to the resources
    of wives and husbands. Cindy McCain is within the law to keep her business to herself, but she is not within the mores of contemporary politics."

("Cough")

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I don't recall the drunken shrew Kerry was married to releasing her tax records in '04 and she's worth a hell of lot more than Cindy McCain.

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Yeah, and look at how well that worked out for Kerry.

4. Armchair_QB

Kerry didn't lose because his sugarmomma didn't release her tax returns. Kerry lost because he was a shitty candidate.

5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Let's put it this way -- it didn't help. And it's not going to help McCain, either.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

If she didn't, she should have.

Kerry's married for money, twice.

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Tax returns weren't much of an issue in the last election. They are an issue this time around because of the type of candidates.

It was an issue made about the Clintons. They were pressured and pressured to release their tax returns. Some of that pressure came from the Republicans. It is only fair that they do the same. The standards are equal for both.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

So what did your first post have to do with anything, other than to get in a cheap shot at a "drunken shrew?"

9. Armchair_QB

My point is that it's funny McCain's wife is taking so much heat for not releasing her returns while Kerry's wife was given a pass.

10. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Except by the NYT and Washington Post, who both called for her to release her tax returns. They have not done so for Cindy McCain. Other than that, yes, I suppose it is funny.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

If we all stipulate that Kerry's wife SHOULD have released her returns, will that satisfy you?

12. Armchair_QB

I don't think either one of them should have to release their returns. It's just interesting that the GOP candidate's wife is taking more heat than the Dem candidate's wife did.

Draft saved Draft deleted