1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Face it: Daughter may want to have sex before marriage

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Shaggy, Mar 28, 2007.

1. I hear reality calling.

Sadly, that reality is grown men fantasizing and advocating sex with teen-age girls. And many of these people likely cover these girls' games.

It's a sad, sad, sad, sad world.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I hope you never, ever use indirect quotes, because your ability to paraphrase is sorely lacking.

3. That's probably less severe of a problem, though, than taking one example (I once touched the pinky of a virgin! It was cold!) and using that to judge what everyone should do.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

In all seriousness, you're taking something from this thread that NO ONE ELSE WHO HAS READ IT has also seen.

Given that we're all in the word business and said business is all about the communication of shared experience, that should worry you a lot more than whether people fuck without being married.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yes, LegLum.

Zeke, for example, clearly lusts after a perky food show diva who is well out of her teens.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Ace, Rachael's got chef's knives old enough to consent...

7. Seems like we have a different definition of shared experience. You buy into one example as some sort of guideline. I don't.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You are unable to produce one quote that even approximates your understanding of the writings here. That would seem to represent a problem, no?

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Man, I thought Yawn was obtuse.

10. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Great thread. Good perspectives and a brand new troll, too.

Living in one of the nation's most conservative states, one of the things that has always puzzled me about the right's stance on female health care is that there seems to be an odd fear of female genitalia. All forms of female-specific health issues seem to open strange windows into lawmakers' souls. From those who try to claim a link between abortion and breast cancer to those who get their panties in a twist over "The Vagina Monologues" and now this "pledging myself to Daddy" stuff ... there seems to be an odd desire by many to go back to a time when men were men and women had vaginas but sure as hell wouldn't talk about them.

I'm hardly a guy who follows a PC line on feminism. I make comments that get me in trouble with the females in my office all the time but it just seems like there is a certain group of guys who are deeply disturbed by the idea of women controlling their own bodies ... for anything. And the most telling thing here is, as was mentioned earlier, why don't the guys get the same treatment?

The current group of 18-22 males seem plenty comfortable with the sexual freedoms enjoyed by their female counterparts. Of course, I suppose bearing witness to (and enjoying) that sexual freedom might make them the most puritanical parents of all.

11. Yet another person who does not understand biology.

And I'd say the current group of older males here seems pretty comfortable with the sexual freedom of the females ages 16-18.

Draft saved Draft deleted