1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FAA wants to fine Southwest $10.2M

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 7, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Active Member

I wouldn't consider flying SWA anyway. This just cements my decision.
  2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

"You are now free to move about the country . . . (within cracked fuselages . . . )"
  3. The market will sort it out.
  4. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Nice job by our federal government (the FAA), grounding planes and then walking away without checking to see if the problems were addressed.
  5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'd still rather fly Southwest than United...
  6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Given the stout chances of having your life destroyed by afternoon delays at O'Hare, you have a case.
  7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Exactly... If I never have to set foot in that airport ever again, I will be very happy... I feel the same way about Hartsfield...
  8. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I used to work for SWA, what a bullshit company to work for. In my eval I got reprimanded because I didn't hang out with the people from work, outside of work. I fuckin hope they go under.
  9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

It doesn't stop there.

Looks like FAA cronies and Southwest officials conspired to keep the cracked fuselages on the QT by falsifying reports together:

10. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

I hear Southwest is going to pay off the 10.2M by giving the FAA 2,400 hours of fun with Gov. Eliot Spitzer's girlfriend.
  11. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

SWA should be fined another $10 billion for not issuing seat numbers and making you line up like cattle. This is why I don't fly that airline. Just give me a goddamn seat number. Oh, and also those male flight attendants in shorts are creepy.
  12. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I flew Southwest this weekend and I lived. They took off on time, and I didn't encounter any male flight attendants in shorts. If my plane from Providence to Tampa Friday had a crack in the fuselage, the turbulance we encountered would've done the trick, believe me.
Draft saved Draft deleted