1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FAA-ilure

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Apr 9, 2008.

1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

They might. Or you might be better off making a reservation on your own, hoping your flight does actually get canceled, and getting reimbursed that way.

2. lono

lono Active Member

They automatically moved me to another airline today and got me on the flight.

3. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Might I just point out that this is about the ... oh, I don't know ... 20th or so government agency to completely shit the bed since our boy W has been in office?

If you're scoring at home, the FAA joins FEMA, the FDA, OSHA, Homeland Security, the EPA, the Ag Dept.'s Food Safety Agency, the Labor Dept.'s Mine Safety Agency and the Consumer Product Safety Commission as federal agencies to suffer from an embarrassing scandal or a monumental failure of duties in the last few years.

I'd love to hear someone defend this bullshit. Look at the list of failures. Look at the history of appointments of unqualified leaders in these agencies. There's just no legitimate excuse for it.

We're flying on planes that haven't passed inspections. We're eating tainted meat. Our kids are playing with poisonous toys. We're sending workers off to mines and factories that are essentially coffins. And when shit goes massively wrong somewhere, no one from the federal gov't shows up for three fuckin' days.

This is the last eight years around here.

4. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

That's because "government" is bad. And "the free market" is good. Remember? Who wants all those pesky bureaucrats getting fat off our tax dollars and regulating our economy to death?
    Oh, right, the rest of us who actually have to live in this country.

Draft saved Draft deleted