1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FAA Causes Panic in NYC...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Apr 27, 2009.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

...sending a jumbo airliner accompanied by a fighter jet over Manhattan, did not alert the public that it was for a photo shoot, and told police/fire not to alert the public. Mayor and other NY pols are not pleased.

If this isn't one of the dumbest stunts ever, it has to be in the top five and I can't think of the other four.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Brilliant idea, lets get a 747 and have it fly low over the Statue of Liberty, and lets make it even better, lets have the 747 be the Air Force One back-up plane and have an F-16 flying on its tail. We'll slip in, slip out, no one will notice.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Your gubbernmint at work for you..
  4. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Can some at the Defense Department provide one good reason why we need to go to this effort for a couple of pictures?
  5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Great idea. We have money to spend on this!
  6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

NY Post: 'Air Farce One'

7. Hustle

Hustle Guest

That makes no sense whatsoever. If you listen to DC radio and TV long enough, you hear announcements that F-16s will be flying for a photo shoot or they're practicing maneuvers or whatever.

Why would NYC not do the same? Unreal.

And I'm glad to see I'm helping foot the bill for a few thousand gallons of Jet-A, all for a couple of glossies.
  8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Ever hear of photoshop?

God our people in charge are stupid.
  9. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Three bylines on a 12-inch story, at least two editors reading it and none of them can catch a simple grammar mistake.

10. Cousin Oliver

Cousin Oliver New Member

Spell check didn't catch it!
  11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Tonight's meme on the psychowingnut screeching academies: Obama himself ordered the idiotic exercise.

12. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Was down there this morning and saw it and wasn't freaked out. But I can see why some would be, especially if they were here on 9-11, which I wasn't.
Draft saved Draft deleted