1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

F****** over by Snowmageddon 2010? Me too.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Della9250, Dec 26, 2010.

1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

The real question is, how could you be there and not go to Wegman's? I miss that place so much.

2. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

I agree with you 100 percent. The magnificence of Wegman's cannot be overstated.

Apparently the Patriots did put a serious dent in some Dinosaur BBQ and ordered extra for the trip home.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

What's Wegman's?

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Damn Republican mayor!

I mean damn Democrat mayor!

I mean damn Independent mayor!

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

The greatest grocery store chain in the history of the world. They're usually quite large and have eateries within them that are better than any fast food place (and they include everything from pastas to subs to chinese food).

6. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Fixed.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/07/style/tmagazine/LSAMURAI.html

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That's just wrong. I made the mistake of telling people in that office about carrying my suit and pants in the dry cleaning plastic on Monday, instead of zipping it in a suit bag. ... And now they all think I am a bit dim. First, for actually showing up there and then for losing my pants. It wasn't my finest hour, for sure.

They finally plowed my immediate neighborhood, but did a half-assed job, so the plowed area on my street is wide enough to allow a smart car driving on two wheels--or a golf cart--to get through. As of last night, the street around the block from me hadn't been touched by a plow. I realize we are a bit remote. I live on the water. But I am not sure what would have happened if an emergency vehicle had to get down here. Someone dared them to plow by building a 4 foot snowman in the middle of the street and decorating him with battery-powered lights. The snowman was still there this morning, but was gone this evening and the good folks from sanitation had plowed in all the cars which are now barricaded by 8 foot banks. Thank goodness it is warming up and a lot of that should melt in the next few days. Bring on the floods!

8. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Your pants should be highwaters by then.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

First big snow of the season -- yes, the season; only 1.5 inches since September -- about to hit the MileHigh area. Up to 10 inches in the city expected.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

From what is coming out it sounds like NY Sanitation union purposely did a poor job in retribution to Bloomberg laying off 400 union workers.

One of things they did was to keep their plows higher so it did not pull up as much snow.

Sounds like some heads are going to roll.

11. patchs

patchs Active Member

BTW, no ' in Wegmans. They address this on their website.
    And yes, I am fortunate and cursed to have one in my town.
    The parking lot is always a zoo and you can't take 2 steps without running into someone you know.
    That said, the best grocery store.

12. patchs

patchs Active Member

Some of them did go to the Dinosaur BBQ, a nice consolation prize (there's one in Rochester as well as Syracuse).

Draft saved Draft deleted