1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

F****** over by Snowmageddon 2010? Me too.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Della9250, Dec 26, 2010.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

And, it makes it a lot tougher for the people still trying to drive.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Hundreds of people around DC and Baltimore just up and left their cars in the middle of the road. On the beltway, on I-95, on other state roads. Just left them. A State Police spokesman said he wanted to know where they went, since it's not like there were hotels near all these cars. Just walked away. I saw it for myself overnight. I remain flabbergasted.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Good story in the WaPost about this:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/01/26/AR2011012608980.html?sid=ST2011012603981

We got lucky down here in Central Va. Temps stayed in the mid-30s all day so we got maybe an inch of snow but a lot of slush and ice. We would have had a foot had it been cold enough yesterday afternoon. I can't remember the last time it's rained so hard down here for hours at a time.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I drove on one of those roads mentioned, and talked with others who were on other roads. Insanity.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

They deserve to have their cars stolen and smashed into little bits, and then have their insurance agent laugh in their faces.

Idiots.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

15 inches over night in North Jersey. Drove about 35 miles home from work into the teeth of it, mostly on Interstate, took about an hour and 20 minutes.
    Problem was getting into the driveway with two feet of snow plowed into a pile. That was not pretty.

7. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

It is impossible to overstate how much I do not miss shoveling snow.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

My brother just send me a photo of the snow at his house (Putnam Co., N.Y). Do not miss that at all, even with 3-4 months of winter rain/grey sky where I live.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Foot and a half more in New York.

For all those who were concerned, I managed to hang onto my pants this time. Although I just put the suit bottoms on, rather than trying to carry them and change.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted