1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

F****** over by Snowmageddon 2010? Me too.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Della9250, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Flight was canceled before 9 a.m. Tommorrow out. Tuesday out. 6:55 a.m. on Wednesday. Yipee!!

(edited to get the F word out of the headline)

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Seeing as how I was just released from physical therapy for my bicep tendon repair surgery, I'm a little worried about shoveling.
    I hope my repaired arm is up to it.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Last night, they cancelled our flight home that was scheduled for tonight.

Was able to re-book for Monday morning. But, the storm is just now getting under way and I'm worried that tomorrow morning's flight will be cancelled.

I'd like to go into the City, but don't want to get stuck there, so we're sitting in the suburbs trying to figure out what to do.

Fun.

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

My apologies on the headline. And I don't see any way flights get out our the Northeast before Monday afternoon, if at all.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

We're scheduled on 10:35 out of LGA going to MDW.

I don't care if we're delayed, but I need to get home at some point tomorrow. I'm just hoping they don't cancel the flight, because I doubt I'd be able to re-book on another flight scheduled for tomorrow.

7. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

A bit of adviceto anyone needing to get out. If you are willing to sit around the airport all day, inquire about standby travel. Most airlines will put you on the list. I guarantee that 95 percent of the flights will have standbys on them. Just a thought.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

No worries.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Jim Cantore is in Philadelphia.

Guaranteed 25 inches now. And an unnamed hurricane will hit Atlantic City.

10. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

During irregular ops once (rain, not snow), I was #63 on the standby list and I made it onto a flight. So yeah, you never know. Good luck! I'm hoping things are back to normal by Tuesday, when I'll be traveling.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

I drove home in the middle of the night to avoid this. One of the few smart things I've ever done. Good luck to all those who have to fly in the next few days.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

How long is this shit supposed to last?

Draft saved Draft deleted