1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

F--k you, George Lucas

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Let's be honest... They're going to sell like mad. All of the versions sell like mad. You can't get any of them on Blu-Ray right now and as soon as they're available people will be lining up to get them. I won't be one of them, but people will buy the stuff...

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I would trade having Lucas add Luke's scream after jumping into the abyss back to Empire (one of the few good tweaks he made) for getting rid of this nonsense. It was fucking stupid when Vader screamed like that in Sith, now he's adding another one?

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Looks like I have even more incentive now to get my pre-Lucas tinkering versions on VHS converted to DVD.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Luke's scream sounds like a dub of the Emperor's from Return of the Jedi.

As for this new stuff: Not a deal breaker, and not necessary. I just can't get worked up about it anymore (though it was laughable when one report said Jabba's insertion into the first film wasn't well-received by fans). I do wonder why he can't leave well enough alone at this point. I'm glad I have the Special Editions and originals on DVD.

Superman in slightly rolled-up blue jeans. Very contemporary.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. BYH

BYH Active Member

I don't recall those being that spectacular in 1986.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The hairdos?

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Much like this gif, Lucas' mining and pillaging of the Star Wars franchise will go on for eternity.

8. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Holy shit, Batman, I can't stop laughing at that gif, and it's killing me because my mom keeps asking me what I'm laughing about. I had to tell her, "Uh, sorry, but I can't show you."

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

DC reboots the whole shebang every five years or so (or less). Monotonous repetitive stunts.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Free Hat!

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

It was self-defense!

Draft saved Draft deleted