1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

F****ing Wal*Mart

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by farmerjerome, Jul 4, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Walmart is probably not unhappy about that development. If all their customers had the expectation of bringing product back after 8 months they would be out of business.

If you purchased camera using visa or amex it should be covered by purhcase protection.

2. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

I had a computer a few years back that shit the bed on me. Went to take it back to large electronics chain, they said no, 14-day exchange period is over. It was 15 days and I had been at school for that time and couldn't get home. Tough shit, essentially.

I talked it over, then argued it, then screamed, then turned around, ran up to the Verizon cell phone stand, put my foot through one of the boards on the bottom and left. They got the idea...and lost a customer.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Wal-Mart's return policies vary from store to store. I know a guy whose PS2 crapped out a few months ago, he went to Wal-Mart and bought a new one. The next day, he put the busted PS2 in the new box and returned it to Wal-Mart.

It's guys like him that fucked it up for everybody. But the SOB still got away with it.

4. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

DING! That is how you should have proceeded. (And still can.) Buy an identical camera, put the defective one in the box and return it (preferably to another location) with the current receipt, for cash. Now you still have a new camera and a current receipt (albeit with a return marked on it). If you still don't want the camera, you return the new one for store credit (or refund, if you can swing it) with the same receipt and claim the new doesn't work just like the first one didn't work -- and you've been forced to simply give up on the product. Worst case, you have have a store credit.

I've done this several times at several stores, even at Walmart, and it's foolproof.

5. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

The forum is called "Anything goes," but c'mon. You waited eight months. Your fault. End of story. It's not a Wal-Mart beef, it's a "society won't pay me for stuff that broke last year" thread. Boo freaking hoo.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I hate Wal-Mart but ... eight months is an awful long time to make a return.

BTW, I'm stunned no one's paged Bubbler yet.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Ding is right. Don't give those dirtbags an inch.

Draft saved Draft deleted