1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

F****ing Wal*Mart

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by farmerjerome, Jul 4, 2007.

1. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I don't shop at our local Wal*Mart anymore, just because I work in a retail store that pretty much sells whatever I need.

I stop in today because it's on the way home from the picnic I went to. While I'm walking around, I remember I have my dad's camera in my purse, a camera that was purchased from Wal*Mart and hasn't worked right from the second I got it.

My mom and I bought it on Black Friday -- over a month -- before Christmas. He opened it up, and it was all fucked up. We were suposed to take it back, but shit happens and I didn't do it until today.

Now I completely understand that a company would be suspicious about a seven or eight-month-old return. But these fuckers give me the runaround about the 30 day return policy. I have the camera right in my hand, and it's pretty obvious that it doesn't work, since the lens is stuck and it won't turn on.
    I'm getting very angry, but I try not to be a bitch about it.

Then the fucker that recommended it to me comes up and tells me he can't return it. This idiot sold me the fucking camera and he won't even give me store credit. I would have kindly walked right to the back of the store and used the store credit to get my dad a new camera.

Now since I work in retail, technically customer service management, I know that they can give me store credit.

In conclusion, fuck Wal*Mart. Fuck them and their fucking rollbacks.

Rant just beginning....

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I suggest walking over to the fishes and watching them for a few minutes. Nothing says disaster like a 6 x 10 aquariam with 178 fish fighting for the same 12 nibbles of food and oxygen to survive.

3. farmerjerome

What if I throw a chinese fighting fish at the customer service desk?

4. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

At this point, your beef should be with the manufacturer of the camera, not Wal Mart... I mean who really expects a store to take something back after you've had it for eight months?? I bet the thing is still under some sort of warranty.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

That idea I like.

6. farmerjerome

I figured it's under a one-year warranty. I still think they should give me store credit though. At my store you can take back something months later and there isn't a problem. You get store credit, but it's pretty much no questions asked.

Except for those assholes that smoke around clothes and try to get a cash refund. That doens't fly.

7. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I tried to take a broken digital camera back to Walmart once. I bought it around the end of August and it crapped out on my daughter a little of 3 months later. Take it back to Walmart, "Sorry, we have a 90-day return policy and from the date on the receipt, you've had the camera 95 days. We can't exchange it."
    But, Walmart did help me contact the manufacturer ... but they basically said screw off too.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'm with Webby. You can't be pissed at Wal-Mart in this case.

9. farmerjerome

I think the thing that really got under my skin was the guy who refused to take it back. He recomended the steaming pile of crap. The least he could do was give me store credit.

No, I take it back. The least he could do was what he did.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I'm with Farmer on this--I was in retail for about 14 years.

A store's policies are just that: policies.

They're not ironclad rules that have to be obeyed no matter what.

If there are extenuating circumstances then most independent retailers will override their standard policies

Ours was simple: we didn't give refunds on book returns, only in-store credit notes. .

However, there were times when it didn't make sense and by enforcing the policy, we lost a customer.

Problem is at Wal-Mart the worker bees are paid to enforce the dictates of head office.

But I've never had a problem at The Evil Empire because I refuse to shop there.

11. farmerjerome

I've been there three times in the last six months. Today will probably be the last.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

THat's where you yell: "You won't take it back for credit? You keep it!" And chuck it against the wall. And after it breaks into a million pieces, you may suggest where they put them.

Draft saved Draft deleted