1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

F&G alums about to rub NBC execs' noses in it yet again

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

Ditto. What a great show that was. It's unfortunately not scheduled to come back, but at least the writers had a chance to write a "finale," so it going off the air wasn't as bad as some. I will definitely buy the Season 1 DVD

2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Undeclared was such a great show.

While not always 100% on and sometimes far-fetched (Adam Sandler? Really?), the way that series portrayed many of the main aspects to college life still hold true today. Who hasn't been really freaked out before a test or thought you were going somewhere with this chick only to find out you were completely wrong?

And as far as the english guy goes, yeah, he was a tool, but hey, at least it's an accurate portrayal of the people from that country. :)

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I was in college at the time and I didn't recognize a single character.

4. schiezainc

That's weird. I reconized a ton of them. Of course, the show was about losers and geeks, and I worked on the college's newspaper and was one of the biggest of both categories, so maybe I'm biased.

Oh, and it didn't hurt that I too lost my virginity in college to a girl I barely knew, who just so happened to have a boyfriend at the time.

Of course, you could probably file that under the "Too Much Information" category.

5. Clever username

Two threads down and you're golden.

6. schiezainc

I'm confused.

7. Clever username

Dooley's thread about deep cuts is the thread for that kind of personal stuff. At the time it was two threads below this one.

8. schiezainc

Oh. I see. I don't think it really qualifies though, because I can't think of any artists that have a song titled "Her mother opened up the car door and caught her blowin' me."

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

[​IMG]

10. schiezainc

That's damn impressive. It couldn't have taken you more than 10 seconds to find that photo. Well done.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Considering Apatow's movie deal is with NBCUniversal and he's "encouraged" to fit as many NBC people into his movie as he can, I don't think he's really really rubbing his nose in it.
    And perhaps its just me, but Apatow was asked on Kimmel the other night if he ever worries that he'll pitch a half-ass movie idea and the studio will greenlight it. I think he's oversaturated. Talented yes, but oversaturated.

12. schiezainc

I think the biggest problem is that right now anything he even has a remote connection to is blown out of proportion.

I get that promoting him as a brand name makes people interested in seeing whatever film is being marketed, but the sheer amounts of movies that he's "produced" lately have me wondering how much involvement he really has.

I can see it now: "Coming this summer, Morgan Freeman and Denzel Washington star in a sequel forty years in the making: Malcom X 2: Malcom Harder! ............. produced and directed by someone who once shared a subway car with JUDD APATOW!"

Draft saved Draft deleted