1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

F&G alums about to rub NBC execs' noses in it yet again

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Apr 21, 2008.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Cupid is the reason I started watching anything with Jeremy Piven in it. Overall the show was kind of uneven, but he was outstanding in it.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Man was that a great episode of Californication...

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I thought My So Called Life was only on for one year?

4. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I just looked it up. There were only 19 episodes. How did that not get included?

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Anti-Brian Krakow fallout?

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

For a season full of good episodes, that one was one of the best. Californication was one of the best things on TV, even though I illegally downloaded the episodes from bitTorrent and watched them on my laptop.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

One major credibility gap on the list: Cop Rock was on ABC (that was in the middle of Bochco's big NYPD Blue-Doogie Howser era contract with the networK), not Fox. I saw an episode of Cop Rock; it started out with Peter Onarati (ABC tried so hard to make him a star; not even being paired with Mariel Hemingway in Civil Wars did the trick) singing as he was being taken into prison. I remember Betty Thomas doing a dance number. It was a decent police drama when they didn't frickin' sing!

If Journeyman doesn't come back, it has to be on future versions of the list.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Needed less Jordan Catalano and more cowbell.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Christ that's a godawful list.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Californication was superb.

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

And if Californication doesn't get a second season, it automatically goes to the top of the list.
    That was just some great TV. And since it was on Showtime, just a tiny fraction of the population saw it.

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I don't understand how anybody could watch the Dana Carvey Show and not think it was hilarious. Skinheads from Maine? Come on.

Draft saved Draft deleted