1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

F Drunk Drivers - HARD

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Sep 29, 2012.

1. turski7

turski7 Member

Hope your son's friend pulls through and good the hear that your son is physically OK.
    Hopefully the judge throws the book at this guy.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us/inquiry/inquirySearch.jis

Just unreal.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Sending good vibes to your son and his friend's family right now. Awful news.

4. turski7

turski7 Member

Six violations on one day and 13 overall. Wow. Just wow. How does this clown still have a license?

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

No idea what to say, but I'm sure your son's friend and family will appreciate all the help I know you will give them.

Trying to figure out why things happen a certain way will make you crazy. There never seems to be a rhyme or reason.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

How does anyone get six violations in 24 hours? Holy shit.

7. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Man, I hope the judge throws the book at that SOB. Mods - We're all rooting for your son's friend. Please keep us updated on his condition and what happens with that drunken driver.

8. Moderator1

Funny you should mention that Devil. My son and I were just talking about that. They left one bar. Were walking to another. Made a quick stop at a 7-11. Suppose they didn't? A few of them fell a few yards behind. Suppose they hadn't? I told him he'd make himself nuts thinking like that.

Mike is hanging tough. Still touch and go.

My son said they were gathered together a few yards away while the paramedics worked on Mike. They let one ride in the ambulance. The rest called another friend and got a ride to the hospital. They weren't drunk but they'd had a couple and didn't want to take a chance. My son won't drive if he's had one drop.

He said the hardest part is that while they were working on Mike the driver was handcuffed and lying on the street just a couple steps away from them. "It took all my strength," my son said, "to resist going over and kicking the shit out of him." I told him I understood and I'm glad he resisted.

Guy was doing "a minimum of 60," the police told my son, and never slowed down. I sure as hell hope he's driven for the last time and I hope he's in jail for a very long time.

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Not to be morbid, but one long look at the car windshield tells you how serious this collision was. Reckless all the way.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

A buddy of mine had his wife back over, and kill, their only son a few years ago when the boy was two.

What the pastor said at the burial about God calling for people at various times (even though your friend is still alive) sort of helped. For some reason God calls for people, and on He (or She) knows why.

It helped me understand shit like this a little better. If it is an opiate I am swallowing by believing it, then so be it, but it makes me feel better.

11. Moderator1

It's not morbid, Rip. It's fact. Sad fact but fact just the same.

The kids just went back to the hospital. They got a text and headed out.

12. Moderator1

And I appreciate this sentiment, I really do. I'd never denigrate anything that helps someone through a tough situation.
    For me, it doesn't work. I don't buy it.

I was 10 when my dad died. I was told, "God needed him." Yeah? Know what? So did I.

Draft saved Draft deleted