1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

F*ck you, sis.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

F*ck you, Sis!

F*ck you, Sis?

In Arkansas, you always to be careful with he intonation. It can drastically change the meaning.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

When feeling offended, always consider the intention of the statement.
    Although her remark may have been thoughtless, it was probably not intended to injure.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I thought maybe I dreamed it.

Killick, as someone with a sister who can use the word 'fuck' in more than 17,000 contexts (each one grammatically AND anatomically correct), I can only give you this advice:

Say nothing. Let her ramble and rant and cackle and bray and snort, let her get it all out. Whatever it takes.

And eventually, when she comes up for breath, you seize the moment. A low subtle laugh, just to get her attention....and then you tell her:

'Wow, I never realized how much you sound like mom.'

4. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Sounds like she's insecure, either generally or specifically about her job. She makes a joke at your expense to deal with the insecurity, and then can't take it when you joke back. Sounds like fun times. And reminds me of why I drink when I'm around my in-laws.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Ha! Doesn't fit, though. Mom is a saint. However... there is a particular aunt who, like Evil Sis, is loud and often thoughtless and roundly recognized by the entire family as a blowhard. I think I may use her instead. Ooooh, that'll REALLY get under Evil Sis' skin! ;D

6. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

My younger sister-in-law has a flair for drama as well. The Queen and her older sister have always been the outsiders in her family. The younger sister is like my mother in law. Not that I don't get along with them, but they really know how to stir up drama. For instance, recently the younger sis had to take her only child to the hospital because she refused to eat. My wife sent a "hope it all goes well" text and that was it. Of course, my sis in law gave hourly Facebook updates. When my wife didn't respond to any of them, she got pissed. Saying, "she really needs her aunt and uncle in times like this."

Nevermind that we live two hours away and every member of my wife's family lives in the same city, as do many of my younger sister-in-law's in-laws. When Princecreole was in the hospital with dehydration last year, nobody visited other than a couple friends in our town. We didn't bitch and moan. The little guy was miserable but it's not like it was life-threatening. Had it been, all the family would have been there and we know that.

Family drama sucks. I've never really had to deal with it prior to marriage. I guess you could say the creole family is either all normal or all fucked up (or all shook up).

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Must be different for brothers. I regularly trade repartee with my youngest one when I'm in town and it usually involves birth.

8. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

You should have done like did -- marry sis off to an Australian farmer and let her move halfway around the world to the absolute middle of nowhere (Western Australia makes West Texas seem practically overpopulated by comparison).

There's been a lot less shit to deal with the last 20 years or so.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

I now want to meet 21's sister more than ever. :D

10. KG

KG Active Member

My sister repeatedly makes comments about how she has children and I don't, knowing damn good and well that I've wanted children since I got married at 18, but currently will not be having any because my husband is a piece of shit. She also rubs salt in another wound regarding children. She laughs as she says my children will never know my mother, because I live in another state. She then proceeds to remind me how her children know my mother well, because she lives just seven houses down the street. Oh and I was planning on getting pregnant, finally, last summer until I found out about a repeat offense by my husband and changed my mind. Know what she did when she found out I was going to start trying? She got pregnant and rubbed it in my face yet again that I didn't have any children.

One thing has surprised me though. A couple of months ago she sincerely asked me if I'd move back home, and even suggested I stay with our parents until I could get on my feet. Maybe she was just looking for another built-in babysitter, but maybe she's trying to change. Who knows? I am close with her oldest son, and have always been able to understand him better than anyone. I'd love to live closer to him and my parents.

Draft saved Draft deleted