1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

F*ck you, sis.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Dec 6, 2009.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

My brothers and sisters are the best, even if they have no idea what I do.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Cut the sleeves off things and vote Republican? I think they've got it nailed.

3. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Killick, she didn't realize her comment offended you, she didn't realize the nature of the comment could be easily turned back on her, and when it was turned back, she didn't have the grace to laugh. You've got her outpointed on both intelligence and wit, which means you should be able to dictate the terms of any conversation.

4. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

Nothing quite like the holidays. There needs to be a thread just for venting about the family this time of year.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Thanks, 'tart. It's been a while since anyone accused me or either intelligence or wit. ;D

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Same here. I feel incredibly lucky.

I don't wish family bullshit on anybody. Nothing more stressful than that.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I can't even fathom not being close to siblings or parents. That's in no way a judgment of people who aren't close because I understand that family drama exists pretty much everywhere, and I've seen plenty of it from a distance, but I'd be completely fucking lost without my family.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Most of my siblings, I can take them or leave them.

It's a bit perplexing to have nine of them and yet feel like an only child much of the time.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

I would like to take the opportunity to say I have two great sisters, one great brother, a great brother-in-law (even though he is a die-hard Yankees fan), a great sister-in-law and great nieces and nephews.
    That's not to mention dozenz of great cousins and their families, who get togther every summer for a reunion/barbeque at my sister's house.
    Of course, this all stems from having had the two greatest parents anyone could want.
    I know my family is the greatest blessing I have.

And [/crossthreading] I have been equally blesssed to have spent 40 years in a profession I love, despite the current industry hardships.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I'm glad to be the oldest and that I haven't had to put up with any bull from my three sisters.

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

For the record, I'm very close to my other sister and my parents. If three days goes by and I haven't called, they wonder what's wrong. Love them to death.

And even Evil Sis - hell, I love her - I just can't stand her most of the time. She's loud, self-centered and thoughtless most of the time. If she and Good Sis weren't twins, I'd think she was adopted. She's nothing like the rest of the fam.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Did you just drop "dozenz" on us? God, you're such a thug. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted