1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

F--- boxing

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by anonymousprick, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

2. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

"the glittering paneling on his costume read “dominus” and “victorum.” Officially, he was there to vanquish Victor Ortiz, but he looked like he could’ve taken out the Power Rangers, too."

Nothing would bring me more joy than watching Wilder obliterate that clown Victor Ortiz, but I think he was trying to vanish Luis Ortiz that night.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Absolutely beautiful TKO win last night for Chocolatito.

Such a joy to watch.

I wasn't sure he was going to make it all the way back.

I wonder if we'll get a rematch with Srisaket Sor Rungvisai.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Fury - Wilder, immediate rematch. July 18.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Wilder ring walk forecast:

81NZSeXQHDL._AC_SX425_.jpg

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Dan Rafael out at ESPN.

Thoughts?

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I would read his Friday chats all the time, despite little knowledge of boxing, because they would go on forever and they had a kind of "snappiness" to them. It seems like he would be a prime candidate to get scooped up by The Athletic, or just to go at it on his own with a site, but I don't know why he's out at ESPN.

8. Carlkolchak

Carlkolchak Member

Dan Raphael was ok Nothing special, just did his job, trumpeted out the press releases. Never really did anything that made you say Wow. Just installed and did his job.

9. Carlkolchak

Carlkolchak Member

Deontay Wilder was a total protected fraud. Rigged by Al Haymon to a title belt and 10 bogus defenses. But the public never bought the big alabama fraud. Despite his fancy record he doesn't sell. He's a bum. Only a bum would turn down $120m to fight the real champ Anthony Joshua. Because Wilder never generated money, Haymon can no longer fix his fights against high level opponents like Tyson Fury who has the backing of Bob Arum. Haymon could not fix the recent Fury fight and Wilder was exposed for the bum he always was. Wilder was a total in house manufactured fraud by the American system which has no American stars to sell. When there are no stars to sell, they create counterfeits like Wilder.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

11. Carlkolchak

Carlkolchak Member

Dontay Wilder is a fraud who will say anything to deceive you into thinking he's an authentic top 30 heavyweight. He showed in the Fury fights he has the skill and talent level of a golden gloves amatuer novice.

The reason why he won a rigged belt and made 10 fixed defenses is because the American establishment needed an American star to sell. There are none now. So they tried to fabricate Wilder to pretend to be a fake Mike Tyson KO machine. They rigged all of his fights but failed to make money on the fraud. They rigged Fury to paly soft in the first fight because Fury was down and out after two years exile. Then after that fight the all powerful Bob Arum signed Fury and Fury no longer had to dance to Wilder and Haymon's song. Fury destroyed Wilder easily in the rematch. Wilder never improved because fraud fighters can't improve in fixed fights. Fighters only improve by figuring out how to win REAL fights. Haymon had no confidence to put Wilder at risk until he was forced to in the Fury rematch. And Wilder had nothing but fake excuses for his abysmal performance.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

This would be a hell of an investigative piece. Why don’t you write it?

Draft saved Draft deleted