1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

F--- boxing

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by anonymousprick, Sep 20, 2009.

1. $60 to watch Floyd pummel someone two weight classes lower than him for 12 rounds, followed by a typical staged postfight confrontation. Undercard fight was your usual 12-round snoozer.

That's the last time I ever skip UFC for boxing.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

My favorite part was Marquez just showing up ringside all but BEGGING to be interviewed on TV, to where they weren't prepared and they had to have the cameraman work as the translator for a question. :D

3. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Dana White tried to warn you.

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I went to a movie theater and paid $12.50.

5. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I got a rock.

6. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

Eh it was a warmup fight for when he fights Pacquiao. If you bought it thinking itd be a good fight its your own fault.
    Personally I've never gotten into UFC, I've always liked the sweet science much more.

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

It's not like he beat a bad fighter.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Anyone who is still following boxing ... well, I just don't know what to tell you. But I think your time is better spent watching Wacky Races on Boomerang.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

I hear that candlepin bowling is red hot.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Frog boxing?

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Anyone who pays the PPV ripoff price for any fight deserves whatever shit he gets.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I wish boxing would have a resurgence. I can remember as a little kid watching my brothers gather around a small BW TV in the kitchen and watch guys like Ken Norton and Ernie Shavers fight. Then, when I got a little older, there were some incredible fights on Wide World of Sports. Leonard, Mancini, Hagler, all those guys. Now, outside of an occasional big fight in the lower weight classes, boxing is a wasteland of names I can't recognize, or, if they're heavyweights, I can't pronounce. Still, though, a great boxing match is better than a great MMA match any day. Unfortunately, those great matches are few and far between. However, Pacquiao-Mayweather could be epic.

jr/shotglass likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted