1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

exxon profit

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by txsportsscribe, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Oil is and always will be a boom and bust business, not that Exxon will lose money, ever, but those profits will be down next quarter, since the price of their product is dropping like a rock.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Spread that wealth! Spread that wealth!

3. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

HOW DARE YOU!

How dare you try to make it seem like this company could afford to pay more in taxes. They're good hearted, old fashioned Americans, gee golly!

And I just want to give a shout out to the 12-year sports writer in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. If you're reading this thread tonight, you get extra credit!

MAVERICK MAVERICK MAVERICK!

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I stopped patronizing Exxon stations after the Valdez incident. I take comfort in knowing none of their profits are courtesy of me. I don't know why anyone with an option (and I know they typically aren't the cheapest gas in any town I've seen their stations), would give them a dime.

5. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I applaud the stand you've taken, but isn't the alternative just giving your money to some Saudi sheik or some whacko leader in South America? That doesn't make me feel any better.

6. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

Do you screen you mutual funds or your pension funds for their holdings?...just wondering

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

As consumers we make choices every day on how and where we spend our money, as we've seen by the "green" movement and the job the Komen folks have done with their corporate outreach, when companies realize they can increase their business by "giving back" more than just shareholders are served.

Draft saved Draft deleted