1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Extremely Disturbing Story from Turkey

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ThomsonONE, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You can tar Christian Scientists or anyone else who would forego medical attention for their child all you want. I'll be on your side.

They have nothing to do with any religion that I practice.

2. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

No, "Christians" just have a history of burning witches at the stake and other such atrocities.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

What do you think of those new single-cup coffee makers? Seem handy, but I'm concerned that the price per cup is kind of high.

4. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Interloper.

5. YankeeFan

Yes. Such incidents happened in Christian history. How long ago was it?

My point is that we don't even have time on our side with Islam. It's getting more radical, not less.

6. YankeeFan

Don't work with them much, but Keurig makes good ones. And yes, the cost per cup is high.

Go get a good french press and a good grinder. Buy some good, freshly roasted coffee in small quantities.

You'll be very happy.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

As the Quran forbids Muslims from drinking alcohol, the soothing, cheering and stimulating effects of coffee made it a popular substitute in Islamic countries for wine. The first coffeehouses are said to have been established in Mecca (Saudi Arabia). Known as the Kaveh Kanes, they were public places where Muslims could socialize and discuss religious matters.

8. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

They worship God and Jesus Christ, don't they?

Shit, you could make the argument that they have more faith in him than you do. Misguided faith, to be sure, as you no doubt believe that God does heal people, but does so primarily through the medical profession.

But to say a group of people who worship the same God and believe in the same path to heaven as you do have nothing to do with any religion you practice is just plain wrong. You may not like what they do in God's name, but you have to accept they do it in the name of the same god you worship.

9. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

is it possible to find a quality espresso machine at a reasonable price for my home? i don't have the coin for one of those $1,500 machines at williams sonoma.

ace, i have a single-cup coffee maker where i use my own beans, not those pre-filled pods. price per cup is super cheap.

10. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Come on, YF. That's just ignorant. "Religious" and "extremist" aren't necessarily the same thing. The problem is with radical Islam. This has been explained over and over to you people.

11. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Whaddya mean, you people? ;)

12. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Using your post, I could then say, "Muslims" have a present of burying women alive.

Oh, and other such atrocities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.