1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Extreme Muslim Class of 2007

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jun 18, 2007.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Never did I indicate that I'm afraid to drive on roads. Please to be posting where I said that.

In the meantime, the response (this argument is getting to eye-rolling status, like trying to reason with a child) was in regards to WHICH ONE SHOULD WE BE MORE CONCERNED ABOUT. A concept obviously lost on you.

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Bullshit.

Does the term "intel" mean anything to do?

Does a Presidential Daily Briefing entitled "Bin Laden Determined to Strike United States" mean anything to you?

Does the CIA running to Crawford, Texas, in August 2001 with its hair on fire mean anything to you?

Do previously foiled terrorist attacks (LAX, etc.) mean anything to you?

We are spending billions of dollars for people in our government (in cooperation with other governments) to work 24/7 to know exactly where and/or when terrorists might strike next.

And that job would be a lot easier if we actually had the cooperation of two-faced nations such as Pakistan and Saudi Arabia, and if our actions in the Middle East weren't creating 3 terrorists for every 1 we kill.

4. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Still curious as to why this thread's in sports rather than anything goes

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

fix'd for my Southern brethern and sistern.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Because Muslim-bashing is the favorite sport of some people on this board.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

BT - you are right. We're not going to "kill" our way out of this problem. Think of terror as water in a garden hose. We can keep addressing the problem by keeping our thumb over the end, but at some point we should look at turning the faucet, if not off, at least turn down the pressure.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Well, Junkie, I was referring to the idiot who has started two Muslim bashing threads in the past few days.

But if it hit you that close to home ...

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Yeah, the smilies are good to tone the the word "fucker"...

you asshole ;D :) :D

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Junkie, I never once implied that we should be scared, despite you believing that. The question was which should be a greater concern: terrorists or drunk drivers.

Concern doesn't equal fear. But bashing Muslims because they may be terrorists certainly does equate to fear, if it's not racism as the source.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Now c'mon, we know there is only one, true "Dickhead" and he only knows about baseball, Heathers and 80s hair music.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Well, a little

Draft saved Draft deleted