1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Extreme Muslim Class of 2007

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

During WWII we saw world wide condemnation of someone who brought fear and terror to others based on their intrepretation of God's word.

2. Boom_70

One question - should the administration blow off current threats?

3. Oh, OK, then. Feel free to be specific.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Dude, it was Pat Robertson. That's some a 'religious leader that relatively few people follow.'

5. Boom_70

Looks like one of your own is selling fear also - From todays Boston Herald:

http://business.bostonherald.com/businessNews/view.bg?articleid=1007198

Declaring immigration reform a national-security and “defining” issue, Sen. Edward Kennedy yesterday vowed that supporters will resume their push for a controversial bill later this week in the Senate.

Kennedy, speaking at a Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce luncheon at the Park Plaza Hotel, denounced “naysayers” of the comprehensive bill that has drawn criticism from both sides of the political spectrum for either being too lax or too tough toward illegal immigrants. “I think that this issue is sort of the defining issue for our country,” Kennedy said.

The American people will probably come around to appreciate the bill’s virtues, said Kennedy.

“It’s the left and right that are so vicious in terms of opposition,” said Kennedy, a Massachusetts Democrat.

Kennedy warned that the nation needs to develop a better system or it risks creating a breeding ground for terrorists among illegal immigrants already here.

Britain, France and Germany have all failed to assimilate immigrants. “Look where the cells are in terms of al-Qaeda,” Kennedy said.

6. Ted's my own?
    Can I have the trust fund then?
    Seriously, Boom, a speech on an immigration bill vs. the blatant -- as per Tom Ridge -- politicization of terror warnings?
    Mr. Fantastic doesn't stretch that far.

7. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

But mom, I don't wanna go to camp!

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Geez, Boom are you really this stupid or do you just act that way when it comes to Muslim bashing?

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Except the extremists in this case are pretty good at the maiming and the bombing and the killing.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

So that's a distinction you felt need to be made, right? To serve what purpose, might I ask?

Is it all about the batting average of extremists that makes the difference to you?

11. Boom_70

Hey alla are you looking forward to seeing "Mighty Heart" this weekend?

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Two things Boom_70:

1) It's AlleyAllen, not alla. I take the time to refer to you correctly. The least you could do is be an adult and do the same with me.

2) I have no idea what Mighty Heart is, so obviously I have no plans on seeing it. But the fact that you answer my question with a response like that tells me that you'd rather play games. So have fun with that. (OK, I just looked it up on IMDB, and I'm still failing to see how that's an answer to my question. Try again.)

Draft saved Draft deleted