1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Extreme Makeover: Foreclosure Edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D.Sanchez, Jul 28, 2008.

1. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

No doubt these knuckleheads will receive some bailout money.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/16980412/detail.html

Lake City mayor Willie Oswalt was among the 1,800 volunteers helping "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" build the Harper’s new home 3 ½ years ago. Beazer Homes of Atlanta was the main sponsor. The mayor said he is baffled.

“Beazer gave them $100,000 cash, paid their mortgage off and they still can't make it," said Oswalt.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

lol - lets just make sure we get this right:

*They are given a free home and a hundred grand

*They take out a $450k loan - and waste it

*They now won't pay: “What’s going to happen is instead of keep paying my mortgage, I’m going to take my money and not pay my mortgage because I’m being harassed,” said Harper.

*and, as you said, they will get some sort of bailout

This describes America 2008 in a nutshell.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Not true. No one has built me a home.

4. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

How are they going to get a bailout, exactly?

I'm not aware of such a program for a second mortgage.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Its only July. The election isn't until November.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

What Morons! The house is paid off, and they have $100,000 grand. Go buy some mid-sized cars, get some normal jobs that can bring in some money and use the rest of your bankroll for food, utilities, and other living expenses. It can't be that hard.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Why was the loan taken out? To buy new furniture? To pay the gift and property taxes on the upgraded house?

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

To start a failed business.

9. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I'm the idiot that bought a house I could afford.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Property taxes on a house like this are probably no more than $5,000 a year = about $400 a month.

That's less than the balloon note I assumed from my folks on a trailer house they owned 15 years ago.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

These fucking idiots should be thrown in jail or made to do menial jobs for all the people that showed up to build their house.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/07/28/AR2008072802587.html?hpid%3Dtopnews&sub=AR

I knew there was a reason why is didn't watch this show.

At least Warrick Dunn didn't waste his time with these morons.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

At least when folks pitch in to build a habitat for humanity home, the folks who will live there are helping out, not vacationing at disney world.

And they almost never fail to keep up the payments. 'Course they don't build them freakin' castles, either.

Draft saved Draft deleted