1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Extreme heat or extreme cold?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Jul 6, 2012.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Since we're all about extreme weather these days, apparently, would you prefer heat or cold?

I'd take extreme cold any day. Heat sucks.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'd rather have a full summer with 95-100 temps every day than a full winter with temps in the teens or lower. Easy.

At least you can leave your house and do any number of things when it's hot out. I have no ambition to go outside when it's 6 degrees out. For anything.

3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I hate temperature extremes and although I've never liked the cold, I'd prefer extreme cold to extreme heat. I've come to hate the summer. This heatwave is really bumming me out. The caveat for the extreme cold is that I'm not a big fan of snow (it's inconvenient, I don't ski, etc.) so I choose cold as long as there's no snow (or not much of it).

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I want to say cold, but the beagle and kid are dog assed tired at the end of the day in the summer. In the winter, they are climbing the walls and driving me nuts, so I will take the heat.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

This.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015

6. Extreme cold times infinity.
    I can dress warmer. Food don't spoil and I can heat the house all without power.
    Extreme heat ... I can only take off so many clothes. food spoils and without power there is no A/C.

I hate the heat. It's one reason I will never south of North Carolina.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. JackReacher

I mean, if we're adding "without power or A/C" to the question, yeah. Winter might win. Maybe not, though.

But WITH power in both seasons, I'm still taking summer.

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I'll take extreme cold any day of the week.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Cold for the ability to layer.

10. JackReacher

The extreme heat does suck, don't get me wrong. I guess I've just always been a summertime person. Way more fun than the winter. I suppose if I was big on skiing, that might be different. Dealing with snow blows ass. And again, I don't even want to go outside when it's butt cold. Although, football games in the cold are pretty cool.

I'll take waterparks, pools, and the beach over staying indoors and doing nothing any day.

I wish I did like skiing, though. There's endless vacation potential there.

11. joe

joe Active Member

Hot hot heat.

Fuck winter. My old bones hurt when it's cold. Hell, when it gets below about 70, my hands and feet are cold all the time. I'll take 105 over 5 any day of the week.

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Give me cold. I enjoy not sweating just by sitting in a chair. You can always throw on another sweater tuque, scarf, layer your gloves, etc. I can only take off so many clothes in public before I end up in jail.

The one thing I do like about the high heat, however, is taking the top off my jeep and going for a drive. But with the price of gas ($1.39.9/litre), that's becoming painful to do.

Draft saved Draft deleted