1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Extended warranty on leather couch?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rusty Shackleford, Aug 23, 2012.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Short answer, NO. They are profit centers. Biggest question is all you are buying is a PROMISE that someone will do something. What motivates them to meet their promise? If its the original manufacturer/store, well okay. But 3rd party? No thanks. How are you going to make sure ACME fulfills its promise? They are nowhere to be found but some claim center in what North Carolina who is going to make you submit tons of paperwork before they come out. Meanwhile, they've got your $179 which will probably pay for the repair.

2. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Winner! Thank you. Yes, the entire purpose of this thread was to confirm an already-existing line of thinking. Basically, it was a non-political version of every political thread ever posted here.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't get it. I thought it was the government you can't trust.

Of course you can trust capitalists and job creators to meet the needs and expectations of the consumer.

If they cut corners and screwed customers to make an extra nickel, they wouldn't be capitalists and job creators anymore. They'd just be rich guys sipping mai tais on some island paradise.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

What about a warm leatherette?

5. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

I have never paid extra for a warranty in my entire life. And I have only regretted it once, when my BS cell phone went gonzo and then died entirely. I had them activate an old phone for $0. Problem solved, money still saved.

6. psychman56

psychman56 Guest

Well you should look at the warranty terms. If it states there that they are going to give free service for a couple of years make sure that it also states that they will send in someone to your house and not you going to their warehouse. Just to make full use of your investment

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Are you suggesting he fuck his couch in the ass?

8. 3OctaveFart

3OctaveFart Guest

I paid the warranty, but only because it was an expensive couch.
    If you're going all in on a leather couch, no need to play it safe.

Draft saved Draft deleted