1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Explosions in the Sky

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jones, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Jones

Jones Active Member

You know, I almost footnoted this post with Band of Horses and then decided against it. I love the YouTube video of the Funeral done with space footage. It's crazy cool.

That's weird, though, Jack, that you bring them up. I love when shit like that happens.

2. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

Mind-reading test. I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 1,000... :)

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I assume you are talking about this:

It's pretty cool. I may have to pick up this CD now.

4. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

It's a great disc, Angola. I strongly recommend it.

5. Jones

Jones Active Member

I'm going to go with 4.

6. Jones

Jones Active Member

And yeah, that's it, Angola, but that's not the full version of the song. It's more than five minutes long. I just like the images with it.

7. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Is this one of those things where you sync the music up to a Kirstie Alley movie and it makes you freak out?

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I just bought Band of Horses' Everything all the Time and Explosions in the Sky's The Earth is not a Cold Dead Place.

They sounded good in the demo's on ITunes, so I hope they are legit. Explosions in the Sky definitely sounds like an album to write to.

9. EE94

EE94 Guest

Try a little Pat Metheny when "altered"

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Jonesy's Colon - 'How Goth are You?'

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Holy fucking shit. I am not kidding...that's the number I thought of when I saw Jack's post before logging off for about an hour and a half.

Jones, fast...think of lottery numbers.

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

The new Band of Horses release (Cease to Begin) is really solid as well. It definitely raised my eyebrow when I heard it was going to have a little country influence mixed in -- BOH is about as far from country as it gets -- but it actually works.

Draft saved Draft deleted